How and why we use this information
We will process any personal data lawfully under one or more of the following bases:
We will use personal information about you primarily in connection with the provision of insurance, namely:
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you;
- Comply with applicable legal, regulatory and professional obligations, including cooperating with regulatory bodies and government authorities, to comply with law enforcement and to manage legal claims;
- Make assessments and take decisions, including whether to pay your claim or pursue any losses against you or a third party, provide you with our products and services, on what terms and whether you are eligible for a payment plan;
- Arranging insurance cover (issuing quotations, renewals, policy administration);
- Handling claims;
- Undertaking anti-fraud, sanction, anti-money laundering and other checks to protect against fraud, suspicious or other illegal activities;
- Process payments when you purchase a product or service and any refunds;
- Collecting, forwarding and refunding premiums;
- Facilitating premium finance arrangements;
- Processing transactions through service providers;
- Credit assessments and other background checks;
- Where we believe it is necessary to meet legal, security, processing and regulatory requirements;
- Business transfers where we sell whole or part of our business and/or assets to a third party purchaser to allow the purchaser to administer your insurances;
- Marketing and client profiling;
- Allowing our group and associated companies to notify you of certain products or services offered by them;
- Research and statistical analysis; and
- Building databases for use by us and others we may share information with.
- Manage relationships with third parties, e.g. brokers and service providers;
- Improve our products and services, provide staff training and maintain information security, including by recording and monitoring telephone calls;
- Conduct customer analysis, market research and focus groups, including customer segmentation, campaign planning, creating promotional materials, gathering customer feedback and customer satisfaction surveys;
- Manage complaints, including to allow us to respond to any current complaints, or challenges you or others might raise later, for internal training and monitoring purposes and to help us to improve our complaints handling processes. We may be obliged to forward details about your complaints, including your Personal Information, to the appropriate authorities, e.g. the relevant ombudsman;
We may monitor calls, emails, text messages and other communications with you. When you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence and any information provided to us during that or any subsequent communication.
We may use your purchase history to tell you about our offers and products that we think you will be most interested in. If you prefer not to receive these messages, you can opt out at any time.
If you’ve chosen to receive marketing information from us, profiling and automated decision making may be used to make our marketing more relevant, for example by personalising the methods we use to market to you, the marketing messages you receive and the offers you’re sent.